Being a great web designer entails much more than the necessary technical skills. One important factor is to keep up to date with the latest web design tips and tricks in the industry. A website that is in sync with the latest search engine optimization techniques can help improve the search rankings of your site over time. It will also help to improve the sales, profits, and bottom line of your business in the long run. Here are ten web design tips and tricks that will help take your website to the next level.
1. Using Style Guides – Style guides are quite popular in the digital world these days. In fact, these guides usually come in the form of documents or large books that help the webmaster to maintain a uniform style throughout his/her content. Web designers in Naples Florida
should create his/her style guide to ensure their sites have a uniform style throughout. Make sure you approach a web design company that uses an appropriate style guide since it is a trend that needs to be followed to design a good website these days.
2. Larger Font Sizes – Although larger font sizes are not new in the web design world, they are still a force to reckon with even in 2017. Large fonts have the power to grab your readers attention and make them focus on your content. Readability, especially on small screens like mobile devices has played an important role in maintaining a larger font size when designing a website. On the other hand, large font sizes go hand in hand with a minimalistic web design which is a trend in this day and age.
3. Minimalistic Designs – This is another popular trend in 2017/18. Most visitors prefer to patronize websites that have minimalistic designs and no so much of clutter. You should hire a web designer who uses a minimalistic theme to design your site since it can attract more clients to your business over time.
4. Start The Design Offscreen – Instead of creating a code and starting the design on the screen, a good designer will use a whiteboard to plan the overall layout of your site offscreen. This idea will give the designer a good idea where he/she wants the elements to be placed. This is the best way to design a great looking website at the end.
5. Phasing Out Sidebars – Sidebars could create clutter. Sidebars were originally meant to improve the usability of a site by adding popular content and recent posts. But today, sidebars have been used by savvy marketers to display promotional content which doesn’t offer much user experience after all. In fact, you should phase out the sidebars in your design if you don’t need them. This will clear much of the clutter from your site and give it a minimalistic look.
6. Responsive Design – Mobile search is growing on a rapid basis. It is important that you make the site mobile-friendly to get more customers to visit the site over time. Hence, you should include a responsive design for your site.
7. Simplifying Navigation – Most webmasters place tons of links on the navigational bar to retain the visitors on their site. But this can go the other way most of the time. In fact, a complicated navigational system will leave too many options for your visitors which can make them leave the site altogether. That is why it is important that you place fewer items on the navigational bar. This will help cut down on the amount of clutter on your website.
8. Using Quality Images – You should upgrade the quality of the images on your site. Original images play an important part in improving the rankings of your site over time. Instead of using free images that everyone has access to, it is important that you invest in a premium stock image service. If you are a good photographer, you can even create your images from scratch.
9. A/B Testing – A/B testing will help you know whether your current web design is working or not. You can test the effectiveness of the design yourself when you learn the basics of AB testing. That way you can improve on certain aspects of the web design to attract more clients to your business.
10. Phasing Out Sliders – This is another web design trend in 2017. You should eliminate the use of sliders to decrease the number of distractions on your site. This will make it easier for the visitor to move around your website. A slider is quite similar to a sidebar that creates too many options for your visitor.
The above-mentioned read offers ten web design tips and tricks.