Complete List of St. Joseph County Local Rules of Court: www.in.gov/judiciary/stjoseph/
St. Joseph County Local Rules of Court:
Rule LR71-AR00-102.3 – Appearance and Dress:
- Lawyers should appear for court proceedings in professional attire; litigants and witnesses should appear in appropriate attire. Examples of clothing that is prohibited from being worn during court proceedings includes, but is not limited to:
- Hats or caps
- Outer garments such as topcoats, overcoats, jackets, or overshoes;
- Clothing that exposes the midriff;
- Shorts of any kind;
- Sleeveless shirts (i.e. “muscle shirts”);
- Suggestive or otherwise inappropriate clothing (i.e. poorly fitting, slovenly, or uncleanly).
Effective January 1, 2008.